Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thawed

Things finally feel normal again. I can feel my mind becoming sharper. I can focus more on my job at work and am actually really productive again. I am not sitting at my desk fantasizing about just running away some where quiet and alone where I can sleep and read and not have responsibilities for about a week. I don't want to cram my face with junk food in a vain effort to keep myself awake and moving. I feel my shoulders pulling away from my ears and the smiles coming easily now. It took a few weeks before my version of normal fully returned. God, I missed it.

I never knew exactly how burned out I was until this whole school thing was over. Well, school and then the holidays really. By the time Christmas was over I just wanted to crawl into a hole and hide. I looked back at last year's calendar and the last weekend I had nothing planned was July 18th. Even then I think I was busy packing and getting stuff ready for the move. Now I don't mean this to be a pity party; I know I brought all of this on myself. I did social things I wanted to do and school was also a choice. My responsibility for it aside, it was still draining and exhausting and just too much.

The most valuable lessons I was taught in school weren't about accounting or the business world. They were about how everything in my life gets thrown off balance if I don't get enough sleep and some time to myself without every day being scheduled. I just have to keep those lessons in mind as I move forward.

No comments: