Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weekly Training Log - Week 8

Woo-hoo!  This was my highest mileage week ever:  18 miles.  Now you can either look at this as a) Hooray, you ran more miles then ever before or b) Wow, all the years you have been running and this is seriously your biggest mileage week?  I choose option A 'cause it just is happier. 

Tuesday - 3 miles on the mill.  Thank you "Lost" for being so absorbing that I forget that I am exercising like a rodent.
Thursday - Yoga for one hour. 
Friday - Ran 4 miles; 1/2 mile warm-up, 3 miles tempo, 1/2 mile cool-down.  I still don't love my speedwork but this wasn't as dreadful as some past attempts.
Saturday - Ran 4 miles in beautiful, glorious 60 degree temps with blossoms bursting everywhere and the sweet smell of petals in the air.  The run wasn't so glorious but, man, what a beautiful day.
Sunday - 7 slow ones.  Nothing special but I wasn't feeling it and still ground them out which always feels good.

No comments: