Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If It's In Print It Must Be True

Even though we have been planning this wedding shindig for 10 months sometimes it seems very far away and vague.  I've purchased a wedding dress, booked venues, met with florists, picked out a cake, and written scads o' checks.  Heck, we even picked out my wedding ring last week.  None of those activities has really had that "Wow, we are getting married" sort of feeling to it.  Then there are moments that make me stop dead in my tracks and say "Oh, Holy Crap!  I am really getting married."  Yesterday, I had one of those moments.

The final proof from the printer came in and there were our names looking all wedding-y on what looks suspiciously like a wedding invitation.  Even without a swoopy, romantic font and even with informal wording I can't escape that it is, very much, a wedding invitation.  A wedding invitation with our names in it.  For real.  Freaks me the hell out on one hand and makes me feel kind of giddy and excited on the other.

This piece of paper (OK, this screen shot soon to be a piece of paper) has driven home the fact that this is really going to happen and soon and it isn't some vague "someday" sort of occurrence.  It is really real.  And I couldn't be happier.

Oh, and by the way, they are going to be awesome.

No comments: