Thursday, May 13, 2010

No News is Good News

Since I have had a few people ask recently I thought it was time to give a quick update about Dad.  There really hasn't been much to talk about.  He is plugging along and actually seems to be doing better.  He has been a little chattier and has been moving around a little bit more the last two times I saw him.  In fact, his oxygen sats increased from 92% to 97%.  Don't ask me how someone who is on hospice and, according to his doctor in February, had two months to live actually increased his O2 sats.  Mysterious.  He still sits and watches TV all day and barely moves but that is pretty much what he did before his cancer diagnosis so things really haven't changed much at all in that regard.

I am trying to go down about once a week for visiting and chores with a main chore day scheduled every three weeks.  They have housekeeping help from hospice now so that eases the cleaning chores on my brother and I a little bit. 

Because he is on hospice they can't get any sort of tests done to determine what the tumor might be doing.  So everybody is in a "sit tight and be glad he is seeming better" frame of mind.

2 comments:

Fishergirl said...

Hope all goes well . . .

Judy said...

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you.