Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekly Training Log - Week 5

Another good week. I love this time in training when you experience rapid, consistent improvement because you come from such slow speeds and short distance. Every run feels pretty good at this point and my speeds are picking up. Here is how the week played out.

Sunday - 5 miles while everybody else was watching the Super Bowl. It was very quiet out there. These miles felt strong and good. I actually had to remind myself to slow down so I wouldn't burn out before I got back to my car.

Monday - 3 miles at the lake.

Thursday - Yoga for one hour. I am really starting to get into this class. I definitely plan on keeping up with it after the session is done in four weeks. I also came home from yoga and ran on the treadmill for 3 miles.

Saturday - 4 miles on the treadmill. I got really excited watching Apollo Ohno skate and almost fell off the side of the dang thing while cheering him on. Nothing inspires you to have a good run like watching the Olympics.

Totals for the week: 15 miles; one yoga session. I never did any cross-training last week because I wanted to spend some time with my sweetie who finally came home after 25 days of mountain climbing (and wine tasting) but will try to get one session in this week.

No comments: