Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sure Signs of Spring

OK, aside from the 60 degree days, blue skies, rhododendrons in full bloom, crocuses popping their little heads up, birds chirping sort of signs there are two more important ones that always signal the change in seasons for me.
  1. Pitchers and catchers reported to Spring Training yesterday!
  2. My beloved turtleneck sweaters that I fall in love with again every winter and feel cozy and good are starting to feel, in the words of the late, great Mitch Hedberg, like I am being strangled by a really weak guy.
Welcome Spring! Stick around. Don't be a stranger.

2 comments:

Kath said...

It is snowing here today. Again. But I did hear birds chirping this morning!

thirteen.one said...

I have to say, we were actually quite lucky this year in terms of weather. Very ready for spring though. It's a daylight thing, more than a weather thing with me.