Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekly Training: Week Two

Finally! A string of runs that actually felt good. It has been awhile since I have had that and I gladly welcome the return of "The Runs That Do Not Suck".

Monday - Easy 3.1 miles.
Tuesday - Speed work. Five miles including one mile warm-up and one mile cool down with three miles of 400 meter intervals. Two good speed work sessions in back to back weeks. I think I have learned to pace myself appropriately so I don't tire myself out so much I can't complete the scheduled miles. Only took me a year.
Thursday - Easy 2 miles.
Friday - Cross Train. Swam 22 minutes of laps at the pool. This fatigued my noodly bookkeeper arms something fierce. Clearly time to work on some upper body strength.
Saturday - 6 mile long run. This was meant to be a 7 miler but the left foot numbness that has been plaguing me on and off for a year reared its ugly little head big time and actually caused me to stop at mile 4 and sit and let the feeling come back into the foot. After my rest break I managed to cobble together another two miles but it was tough. I had lost the good rhythm so there were a few stops along the way. Other than the foot numbness and then pain the run was actually feeling good. I have self-diagnosed this issue as a Morton's neuroma. My doctor's appointment in a few weeks will hopefully come up with a way to make it stop and make sure I am not damaging my foot in any way by continuing to run on it.

Total mileage for the week: 16.10

The running is starting to gel again after two months of feeling like a big, slow, lumbering Yeti. Now if I can get this foot issue under control...

No comments: