- Exercise at least three times a week. I decided that training for a marathon would be too much of a stressor on my baby making body at the fitness level I am at right now so I am going to shelve my marathon dreams for another year. The exercise will most likely be running (I miss you running!) but I am including any kind of exercise. I just need to get my body moving again. I do still plan on running some smaller races this year.
- Lose 30 pounds.Yep, that old chestnut again. I am currently at my all-time highest weight and I can't continue to stay here, or worse yet, or get fatter. Yes, a baby will kill this goal but if we don't succeed at that I should be able to do this.
- Volunteer at least 40 hours.I always feel great after doing volunteer work so I want to incorporate this into my life more.
- Take at least four different classes.Time to stretch my brain and try some new things.
- Travel some place in state I have never been before.
- Travel some place out of state I have never been before.
- Read a minimum of one new book per month.It is sad that 12 books a year is a stretch goal. I used to read so much more than this but just can't seem to find the time anymore. After getting my Kindle for Christmas I realized how much I missed reading and how much I want to make it a regular part of my life again. I need to make the time for some quiet, reading time. In fact, I think I am going to convert a corner of my office to a reading nook.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Well, after completely losing track of goals last year I am ready to really start working on some this year. I feel motivated again and ready for action. As part of my goal making process, I only included SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-constrained) and ones that are in my control. For the few I haven't told yet, the big goal for 2012 is to have a baby or at least have one cooking by year-end. We've been trying for six months but no dice yet. But I don't list the baby down below because it is almost completely out of my control. The baby goal has made me re-think and re-tool a few objectives I have for this year though. I tried to include ones that would still be doable if I get knocked-up but that would still be stretch goals if I don't. To that end, I give you my hopes for 2012.