Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Twelve Days of Wholesome Language

After a few comments from Kevin over the years about my language and its tendency to veer towards longshoreman I have decided to meet the challenge head-on.  For the last twelve days of this year I am going to abstain from swearing.  Just quit cold-turkey.  Cold, f-ing, turkey.

Now this isn't about to become a permanent change.  I am a beliver that a vocabulary peppered with the occasional obscenity is a necessary and beautiful thing.  But I do agree that I can lean on it a little too much especially when I am worn-out which seems to be the norm these past weeks. 

Wish me luck!

Oh, and by the way I don't think either "hell" or references to "Jesus Christ" are swear words.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I should join you!! I have a terrible sailor mouth, although no one ever believes me. Wholesome language it is!! Keep me posted...