Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And So It Begins

Yesterday marked day one of my 18 week odyssey to run a marathon.  Nothing spectacular; just an easy three-miler followed by a five-miler today at race pace.  I feel much better running with a goal in mind.  I need that race to motivate me or I don't perform at 100%. 

While the looming distances on the training calendar aren't freaking me out too much (yet) there are two things that are:  legs and feet.  I am having neuroma problems in the left foot at even low mileage and tonight the bunion on my right foot hurts. Yes, I am aware that last phrase is lifted straight from the halls of my dear nursing home but dang it, it's true!  The legs are doing something unusual also.  Towards the end of the run they feel like two entirely different legs.  One feels springy and tight and shorter and the other feels loose and weird.  This can probably be eliminated with some concentrated stretching but the feeling is bizarre.  I think I am going to have to come up with some sort of stretching related goal for 2011.

This weekend I am taking a page from wedding planning and making an inspiration board of sorts for my marathon and marathon training.  Anything to keep me focused and ready for Eugene.

No comments: