Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I have to admit that I am totally phoning Christmas in this year.  But even with the lack of enthusiasm I think our living room looks pretty festive, cozy and warm.  I love walking down the stairs and seeing this image complete with curled up happy cat on the sofa (cat two is on her rocking chair on the other side of the fireplace).  Please also note the Mistletoad hanging in the corner of the photo.  Not Christmas without a Mistletoad.

We really toned it down this year and there are quite a few things we didn't get around to putting up.  We did hang a swag of cedar all down the bannister and the entryway is decorated and there are a few decorations in the dining area but basically.... not so into it. 

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the peace, warmth and of the season.  Oh, and eggnog...enjoy that too!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So cozy and perfect! : )

Dave said...

Ok, so this is totally random. I happened across your blog (and this post in particular) because I was doing my yearly winter search for Mistletoad. Yours os perhaps the third blog post I've found over the last several years that refers to (and even shows) Mistletoad. Years ago I lost my Mistletoad and, pretty much each year, I look over the internet to see if I can find one to buy. So far, I've had no luck whatsoever. I don't suppose you remember where you got it, do you?

Like you said, it's just not Christmas without good ol' Mistletoad :-)

Merry Christmas!