Thursday, April 23, 2009

Discombobulated

As some of you know, my schedule this quarter is a little wacky. It goes something like this in an ideal week:

  • Monday: work from 7:30 -9:30; leave work and go to school; leave school and go back to work around 1:00; work until 4:30; leave work and go to school; leave school and come home between 8:00 - 8:30
  • Tuesday: work from 7:30 until 5:30 to make up missed time from the day before
  • Wednesday: repeat Monday
  • Thursday: repeat Tuesday
  • Friday: Work whatever hours are needed to get me to 40 for the week

This shouldn't be that complicated but for some reason I find it really difficult to settle into this schedule. I am constantly feeling like I have to stop and think about where I am supposed to be next and what it is I am supposed to be doing. I also find it hard to drag my carcass into work at 7:30 in the morning so I find myself having to flex the non-school days in weird ways to get my time in. That is why I spent a few hours last sunny Saturday in my windowless dungeon that is my place of employment.

The other issue is I got used to going to bed between midnight and 1:00 last quarter. This left me in a constant state of exhaustion but it was what my body was used to. Turning it around to get to sleep by 11:00 has been challenging. Even that doesn't get me the 8-9 hours I need to be at my best.

Good news is that we are 1/3 of the way through the quarter now. Not that I am counting or anything.

No comments: