Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas You Old Building and Loan!

It's back! I have the Christmas feeling again!!! Late in coming and sticking this year but apparently the best thing for my crabby self was to go to work today. Christmas spirit and good cheer was everywhere. Even with the lousy weather everyone was upbeat and friendly and full of warm Christmas wishes for all. A resident's wife that I helped back in May thought enough of my help that she brought a card and a 2 lb. box of See's chocolates for me. People wishing each other "Merry Christmas" in the halls as they leave for their holiday. Something about saying "Merry Christmas" to people just melts my little withered heart. It also helps that our family Christmas was postponed to Saturday so no one had to worry a bit about the weather tomorrow. I now have a three day Christmas Eve and can get out to the store on Friday and gets some things for Christmas dinner and for a little Christmas baking. Stretch out the joy!

On my way walking home from work (with detour for cheap 7-11 wine) the Christmas spirit made me feel a little like George Bailey. I felt like yelling out: "Merry Christmas convenience store! Merry Christmas faceless condos growing like a cancer in my fair city! Merry Christmas you old fabulous nursing home!! Merry Christmas all you people driving in the slush! Merry Christmas apartment building!"

Most importantly, a heartfelt "Merry Christmas" to all of my friends. As Clarence tells us every year on Christmas Eve (you all ARE watching aren't you): "No man is a failure who has friends".
I am truly lucky to have such wonderful friends and to have you all in my life. I hope your holidays are filled with much love and joy!

P.S. Don't worry. Snarkiness will resume shortly.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Did your heart grow two sizes that day and break the special heart measuring device?