Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Diet Coke Addiction Update

This is proving harder than I thought it would be.  Dropping from four or five Diet Cokes per day down to three was a piece of cake.  I pretty much did that the first week.  Dropping to two cans a day is proving challenging.  I can't limit myself to just two cans of, what I like to call, my Fizzy Brown Happy.  Part of it is because I sit for eight hours every day in a windowless basement doing a job I find less and less fulfilling as time passes.  The FBH keeps me motivated and provides a bit of joy during my days of drudgery.  Maybe I should just consider three cans a day as a stopping point.  However, I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel yet; next week I am going to try my hardest to stick with two cans a day.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You can do it! I stopped drinking black tea and switched to green, which is practically water in terms of caffeine content... and I sooo missed the happy high of black tea. But it's totally possible.

The CilleyGirl said...

I'm with you on this one. I keep trying to get back down to two and every morning I look in the fridge and think "this is gonna be a three soda day." Today I'm even longing for a fourth...