Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Hoogen Day!


Four years ago today I walked into the Humane Society for Seattle/King County looking for a new kitty to add to my home. While in one of the back rooms full of cages, looking at eye level cats, I heard a meow like a question. It actually went up at the end and was possibly the cutest meow ever. I looked down and there was this little black and white paw sticking out through the bars trying to touch my leg. I filled out paperwork, interviewed and spent time in the tiny get to know you room with her. This was my kitty.


I am incredibly lucky to have this darling, affectionate, playful, gregarious, wee little bundle of black and white fur. She is always ready to play but never keeps you up at night or wakes you up in the morning. She has become a cuddler and charms everyone who walks in the door. She makes me smile to just look at her. Even Oliver seems to kind of tolerate her. Here's to many more years of Jackie and her perpetual kittenhood!




No comments: