Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Things

Nothing cohesive enough to put into a regular posting so bring on the bullet points!
  • We got to see some wonderful dancing last weekend. Friday night was Seattle Dance Project teamed with Simple Measures for a laid back cultural night of dance and chamber music. No, really, it was fun. Saturday night was the Director's Choice rep at PNB which had three fabulous pieces and one "meh" piece. I like how the artistic director keeps pushing the boundaries with the works he chooses. I am always glad to have gone to a performance even if not everything they do moves me. Before hand was tasty Indian food...mmm... mango chicken.
  • I finally broke down and bought new knee-high, high-heeled black boots since my old ones were actually falling apart. O' joyous day! Every woman should own a pair. They are fabulous and make you feel sassy and ass-kicky.
  • I have developed a wee crush on Ira Glass.
  • There are certain musicians or songs that only sound good to me in fall and I have dug out those CDs (Yes, I'm old school like that) and am enjoying listening to them during my commute as the wind whips cold rain at the windows and the leaves fall from the trees. People like Neko Case, Jesus and Mary Chain's "Darklands" and The Bongo's "Numbers with Wings" EP for starters. Glorious, stormy fall music.
  • Christmas is coming.
  • We are heading out of town this weekend for Kevin's birthday. McMenamin's Grand Lodge here we come. I am taking two days off of work so I can get the studying done that I need to.
  • Ken Griffey, Jr. is coming back for one more year.

Happy early weekend to all.

No comments: